Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hola Costa Rica!


I leave for Costa Rica in the morning. Can you BELIEVE its already here? I'm not taking my computer on the road, but I will have a journal so I'll have to update you when I return. Some things to note that have happened the past few days:

- I had a great visit with Steph but unfortunately I've been sick since Saturday, and thats been a huge struggle. I wasnt able to do quite everything I wanted to do to prepare, but I've been loading up on medicine since then and I finally feel better. But please keep that in your prayers this week.

- My parents have been awesome the past few days. They've all pitched in to help whenever I needed, taking me to lunch while I shop for supplies. I couldn't have survived the last few days without their support. Its just another wonderful blessing that I have both set of parents here in the same vicinity so they're able to do these type of things.

- Here are all the wonderful things I'm taking with me on this trip:
  • Clothes donated by Steph's friends from CA (I think?)
  • Shampoo/soaps donated from Steph's friends from everywhere! (thank you!!)
  • Beanie Babies from my friend Katie and her family
  • Beads and supplies I was able to purchase with donation money to make jewelry with the children
  • Clothing I was able to purchase from donation money that I told you about earlier
  • The awesome journals I told you about as well
  • Lots of paint brushes and acrylic paints and paper so we can do some painting (fun!!)
  • Oh and googely eyes in case we make sock puppets. It sounded like a great way to get across a few stories of the Bible so we'll see how that goes.
Thanks again to everyone that helped - honestly all of your support and donations are going so far with these children. I'm really excited to get there! Speaking of which its late so I better crash. I finally finished the homemade granola bars I made for the road so its time to hit the hay.

By the way, I added Visiting Orphan's link to the right side of my page and there's an itinerary on there if you'd like to check out what we'll be up to day by day. Hasta luego!


No comments:

Post a Comment