I really do hate to start off my first blog with a rant, but I cant help myself. You know how things always happen in three's? I got another reminder of it this weekend. It should have been a wonderful weekend - it was going to be in the 70's, I was going to visit a great friend of mine out of town who I never get to see, my best friend's baby shower and finally a day off! So yay's all around RIGHT?
Friday - I wait an hour and a half for a friend to get out of work then she talks me into shopping and getting dinner out. Normally that doesn't sound like a bad thing but it was a really difficult, emotional week, so I was looking forward to going home and resting. Besides, I had some leftover pizza calling my name at home, and who wants to forego that??
Saturday - we're late to the baby shower because the directions were wrong. I dont know about you, but I HATE being late. Especially when its your friend's shin dig and a special occasion. I decide to NOT stay the night at my friend's house because I have to be at work early in the morning. Unfortunately I get to miss church with her the next day and extra time to play with the baby.
Sunday - I find out my work schedule was screwed up so I ended up working three hours later and longer than expected. So I could have stayed at my friend's and spent more time with them instead of on my butt at home waiting to go to work!
UGGHHH. I know, right!?!
So after I finished an exhausting day at work on Sunday, I went home, sat down and read for the umpteenth time this awesome article that I found in a random magazine that said "13 things you can do for yourself that make you feel great" and I focused in on "take out the ice cream carton and instead of taking a small bite, actually get a bowl and dont feel bad about it". Just kidding, not that one. I was out of ice cream. But I focused in on the one that said, "Cry yourself to sleep and wake up in the morning refreshed and good to go."
And thats just what I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment