Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Our Day in the Park

My friend Stacey and I have been friends since we were babies. Our mom's were best friends and we grew up together. We were even pen pals for several years after I moved back to CA. We lost touch in high school but fortunately were able to regain contact when I moved back here two years ago. It was really great timing b/c just a few months later Stacey found out she was pregnant with Ella!

Now its about a year and a half later and I'm so blessed to be a part of their lives.
So this past weekend Stacey and I decided it was time to meet halfway in Murfreesboro since she lives in Shelbyville. We thought it'd be a great idea to take advantage of the nice 65 degree weather and take her little girl Ella, to the park!!

It was Ella's first time in a playground, or at least her first time that she can actually enjoy it. She was a little timid around the slides but really enjoyed herself on the swings.

Here's Ella being a little ham - I would hold up the camera and say, "ok Ella I'm going to take a picture, are you ready?" and she would go, "One, two CHEEEEEESSSEEEE!!!!"



She's such a smart little kid, and I know people say that about all kids they know, but she really is. She can count up to ten on her own and point out letters. I guess that's what happens when your mom is a first grade teacher!!




It was just so much fun and we were able to walk around the lake and get in some exercise as well. We had a picnic with some stuff we had at home, so we didnt have to spend any money and thats cool since we're both pretty much broke :) It was especially cool for me the following day when Stacey called me and said that Ella was talking about me! She would be in the car or at home and just start talking about our day in the park, "Nikki, park, swing". Its her first real memory of Aunt Nikki! That made me almost cry! I'm so glad I'm able to see her grow up and I cant wait for more times like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment